I arrived at London Bridge station on Monday, at about 11.30 am. I bought some stuff from Paperchase and went up to the platform. Everything seemed normal and calm at the station with some orange construction workers on the other platform beavering away. I only saw one uniformed police officer.
My train was twenty minutes late, as it was still at Charing Cross. Apparently, about 1030am there was a Fire Alert and everyone had to be evacuated. The tannoy announcement just said ‘London Bridge Station had to be evacuated’ and it was only when I got home, I discovered that it was a fire alert. So, I missed some ‘drama’ by an hour. I had important meeting so I was quite glad the trains were running again, as best as possible. I tend to make sure I have enough time to get to where I want to go, as anything can happen on the trains, ie signal failures. I didn’t check the news before I went, and even if I did, I would have been walking to London Bridge at the time, and completely oblivious.
Sorry, I wasn’t ‘right in the evacuation’, but I was pretty close! I bet all the Americans out there are cancelling their holidays, it seems to be all Fire and Terrorism lately in London.
I enjoy watching a few Youtubers and every so often I will highlight a favourite Youtuber.
I am not normally into ‘fashionable Youtubers’ but there are a few I do enjoy. For three months I have been watching the goings on at Sprinkle of Chatter Towers. Louise has been on Youtube for years now, with Sprinkle of Glitter and Sprinkle of Chatter, so quite a dab hand. She talks about everyday things, family and relationships as well as lifestyle issues. She is a single parent, which is a bit sad as she seems to be a nice person.
Here is why I enjoy watching Louise’s Videos
- She has a dry sense of humour
- She is not afraid to be a girly woman and having a bit of fun
- She has ups and downs like all of us
- She ends up in surreal situations like in the UN
- She does somewhat bonkers interviews
- She looks after Darcey well, giving her lots of attention
- She can talk about every day stuff without it being tedious.
- You can watch her videos with a mug of hot chocolate, on a rainy day and put your feet up (hyggelig)
- I got her book from the library which I enjoyed. I still remember how pink and sparkly it was.
She didn’t reply to my posts, but may be because she has so many viewers. I don’t think it is because she is rude.
I can’t believe how tidy her house is, it is so scary!