Female politicians are constantly scrutinised if they do not have children, and now we have Nicola Sturgeon going on about her miscarriage.
Politicians always seem to pandering to the ‘woman who is a mother’ voter, ignoring childfree women who make many contributions to their society.
Well, there are a lot of British women, like myself, who do not want children, and here are some reasons why it is a relief not to have them and be happy and less stressed without them.
- I am not maternal
- Women still die from childbirth or get injured
- It is a very expensive
- It is a huge responsibility
- It is bad for the planet
- I am a busy person and children would affect my time
- I want to focus on other things, like volunteering etc.
- I don’t want any of my children to be drug addicts, murderers, drink drivers, rapists, thieves etc
- They encourage a consumerism,which creates waste
- I don’t like children and have no interest
- Children can be bullies
- Chlldren, bring more stress
- Children can attack you, in some circumstances, they have even killed their parents
- I don’t want to spend my time shopping for school stuff pr after school activities
- I don’t want to have holidays only at certain times of the year
- I don’t want to buy a people carrier
- I don’t want to be tied down
- I don’t want to listen to mothers at the school gates and talk about kids
- I find kid stuff really boring
- I don’t want schools tell me what I can and I can’t do
- I don’t want to be a single parent, and be dumped by the father
- I don’t want a custody battle
- I don’t want household arguments
- They don’t make me happy